User Access

Forum pinned ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
Information pinned ad
RLW pinned ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Metal-Era & Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Falcon
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Drones Invade The Roofing Business - What Say You?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie
November 30, 2021 at 12:53 a.m.

DanielleWilliams

You do this over the telephone? You should have some sort of courting with those customers.No way absolutely everyone might do this on a new call. The new OS created on Blackberry consists of the trendy model of this Blackberry cellphone. It also carries the latest app for track someone without them knowing an improved JavaScript engine and a more HTML5. Cellular telephone tracker this software due to the fact so maximum rating tracker software

July 11, 2014 at 11:27 p.m.

Alba

I can see an advantage of using drones on infrared scanning. Other than that roofing is a detail oriented trade , I don't see the technology taking over first hand visual inspection anytime soon.

July 11, 2014 at 8:17 p.m.

ClearwaterRoofer

And how are you measuring roofs with this or are you?

July 11, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.

Chuck2

I got one this morning!

I swear, from a distance it looked just like one of those buzzards you see eating road kill through the cross hairs of the scope on my AR15. :blink:

July 11, 2014 at 4:46 p.m.

vickie

OMGosh Lefty, I thought you were kidding! I can't wait to see some overheads.

I WANT ONE! Think of the roof pictures I could take for the RCS!

Some Roofers are pounding away at a house down the street as I write. I could send my new little Droanie down the street to spy on them!

July 9, 2014 at 8:04 p.m.

twill59

I Saw one for sale at the Verizon store today. Parrot brand. I have 100 shares in this one AVAV. Went up about $4 today :)

July 9, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.

Lefty1

The drone came today

July 9, 2014 at 1:23 p.m.

natty

Mike H Said:

LOL

I don't think I assumed a thing- lefty claimed to make sales over the phone. In my book, sales includes closing the deal. I can't close a deal without first examining the problem which includes meeting the client and entering the property- both inside, if there is a leak, and outside to inspect the roof.

July 8, 2014 at 12:51 a.m.

Chuck2

I sell repairs over the phone sometimes too but only the smaller ones. Usually when I can tell it will fall in the minimum charge category. Stuff like a few missing shingles, leaky vent pipe, attic fan replacements, etc. That way I don't end up just wasting their time and mine. I'm basically qualifying them. Not everyone accepts but that's all good. If all they are doing is kicking tires, then I'd rather know it upfront before wasting a trip.

There's nothing wrong with technology. If it helps you that's great. The point I was trying to make is that I've yet to see a machine that can meet the client, shake their hand, diagnose the problem, come up with the proper long term solution, close the sale, round up all the supplies, schedule the work, perform the work, and then collect and deposit the check.

July 6, 2014 at 9:44 p.m.

Mike H

natty Said:
You do this over the phone? You must have some kind of relationship with these clients. No way anyone would do this on a new call.

You're assuming a lot.

LOL

July 5, 2014 at 8:43 p.m.

natty

Lefty Said:

We will also tell them the price and if we find anything else up to how much do they approve without a call. If it is $800 we ask for a up to $1100. They like the time and money this saves them.

You do this over the phone? You must have some kind of relationship with these clients. No way anyone would do this on a new call.

July 5, 2014 at 7:19 p.m.

Lefty1

I am sold on it. Mine is on its way.

Next weekend I will be looking at roofs in a new way.

July 5, 2014 at 7:17 p.m.

Lefty1

clover83 Said: I sell repairs over the phone, assuming the customer has half a clue what he is talking about. If they know they have a 4/12 pitch w/ a medium brick chimney thats in good shape except it leaks, I can tell them its usually about $800+ for a re-flash depending on a few factors.

We will also tell them the price and if we find anything else up to how much do they approve without a call. If it is $800 we ask for a up to $1100. They like the time and money this saves them.

July 5, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.

clvr83

I sell repairs over the phone, assuming the customer has half a clue what he is talking about. If they know they have a 4/12 pitch w/ a medium brick chimney thats in good shape except it leaks, I can tell them it's usually about $800+ for a re-flash depending on a few factors.

July 5, 2014 at 3:32 p.m.

natty

Lefty Said:

You are assuming a lot. I can sell a lot of repairs over the phone.

If you are selling repairs over the phone, that means you are doing all of the assuming.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco WTI - Banner Ad - Start the Season Right
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Danny Boyle