User Access

Forum pinned ad
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
Forum pinned ad
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Xactimate writing service

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Estimators on Call

Hello!

Just wanted to pop in to wave my arms around and make my presence known. I know this isn't a classified ad, but I figure I may be able to help some of the folks in here.

Estimators on Call is an EagleView partner. We can take an EagleView (or order one for you) and write an estimate in Xactimate so that you have something to work with when you are meeting with an adjuster.

With 40+ years in the construction and insurance adjusting world, we find that most folks are missing things on their estimates.

We offer free reviews if you are interested... We charge $99.95 for an EagleView and Xactimate write up should you be interested.

We also can train you on the how to effectively and quickly document damage, and how to speak the insurance language.

If you are interested, feel free to give us a call. 1-877-407-4044 or check us out at www.estimatorsoncall.com

We also write water, lead, mold, and on large scale losses.

Regards,

EoC

March 28, 2022 at 5:44 a.m.

Desmond Blick

This is another great resource that is offered by Essay Helper online that gives you examples of essays in different subjects so that you can learn more about the subject matter. I need online resume service now so that I could do my work on time. It is important to know what kind of essays are available so that you can choose one that fits into your needs.

June 21, 2011 at 9:10 a.m.

Estimators on Call

The fact that it is such a pain is exactly why we are in business. The reality is that most days for contractors are spent selling and installing all day and their night is shot trying to get it all in Xactimate to supplement. We can take the stack of paperwork down to nothing for these guys.

There are thousands of line items too, so picking the right one can be tricky. My recommendation, if you are going to use it, is to set up macros.(a predetermined list of materials.)

It isn't impossible. There are plenty of folks using it, it just takes some time to learn, and experience knowing what you should stuff in there. It has a bit f a learning curve, but it can be done. BTW, there are a bunch of keystroke shortcuts that make drawing faster too. You may be able to find them published on-line or in Xactimate's help forum.

June 21, 2011 at 7:48 a.m.

RandyB1986

I downloaded the free trial of Xmate 27. I don't know how in the hell you guys learned to use the drawing and other features. I got it to draw the house but then I couldnt put valleys where I needed them. Think I need a class to learn!

June 20, 2011 at 1:25 p.m.

Estimators on Call

Most Adjusters have little experience when dealing with lead, mold, or asbestos. When you start writing things in Xactimate (and you can adjust the price, or make it a misc. charge) they start to want to work a little better.

There are a ton of times when Xactimate is way behind the times with costing. A price change and supplier quote can help in those cases.

Windows are alright, writing them up can be tricky. The problem is that often the adjuster assumes that every step is written in... It's not.

June 18, 2011 at 9:04 p.m.

dougger222

I did a flat roof on a shingled roof a month or so ago and Xactimate pricing was way way way off. When punched up at 4 sq it was $2,500. I got a bid from a large flat roofing company at $8,500. I ended up writing my own estimate for $7,000. Luckily it was Chubb one of the best insurers out there so they didn't sweat the price!

There are a few things Xactimate is off on, Windows and flat roofs are first that come to mind.

Finaly they have a line item for custom bent fascia.

Also, They have a mere $80 for testing for lead. Been getting $420 for the service since the law took place.

June 17, 2011 at 12:35 p.m.

Estimators on Call

Xactimate doesn't have a code for everything. You have to create it yourself by using a misc. item.

Once you explain what it is and put the price on it, you get to define it.

If you would like help doing it, we can help.

June 17, 2011 at 12:06 p.m.

Roofguy

Eagle View is a very good service - used it just a couple of weeks ago.

How does a guy go about gettingthe Monolithi/Monoform chopped fiberglass/emulsion system regognized by Xactimate? Adjusters seem p[erplexed when Xactimate has no figures for this system.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Make More with Metal
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
classified
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business