User Access

Forum pinned ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
Metal-Era & Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Falcon
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
asdf12
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

What do you do to recycle on the job?

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

twill59

The closest we have for shingle recycling in NW IN is in NE Indiana---- Ft. Wayne. They have some vague plans here for some plants in the future for the state. Since alum. scrap went to 12 cents a lb. we are recycling NOTHING

However, I have stepped forward and voiced my complaints about the stormchasers and their partners in crime, the Ins. Cos., re-roofing houses that don't even need re-roofed and are therefore raping the environment in a HUGE way.

Best thing for the Roofing Industry to truly go green would be to shut those rascals down. But money talks......>>>

March 3, 2009 at 6:53 a.m.

andy

Same as Old School. Same company has an operation in our community. Customers are responding very positively to our efforts to recycle. It's another opportunity to differentiate.>>>

March 2, 2009 at 11:15 p.m.

RedMtnBoy

Sarah Said: What do you do to recycle on the job?

We recycle everything that can be. The only problem is the recycling companies do not make it easy. We have won awards in our area for our recycling habits none the less!>>>

March 2, 2009 at 7:51 p.m.

Old School

We seperate the shingles from everything else and it is all ground up and sent to be re-used by a big paving contractor. A couple thousand tons here in the last year. The same company runs similiar plants though much larger in 3 or 4 other Michigan cities. In Lansing I guess they ground the shingles and also got 47,000 pounds of nails and metal at the same time. A very good program. If yuou keep everything seperated: ie. paper and junk it is cheaper than the transfer station. By 70% so it is win win for us.>>>

March 2, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.

The FNRUFR

The metals mostly some EPDM for fire wood covers and such.>>>

March 2, 2009 at 3:24 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

Sorry Sarah, i love landfills...oooops :dry:>>>

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Train to Retain Podcast
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
asdf12
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro