User Access

Forum pinned ad
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
classified
Directory pinned ad
asdf12
RLW pinned ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Very Important Question... What's Your Favorite Part About Being A Roofer?

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

vickie

Don't hold back.

September 19, 2013 at 7:31 a.m.

TheOmen

I enjoy the fact that I can start and stop work when I want. And once I get 10 square a day, I can go home where the hourly guys have to work another 4 hours to make the same lol.

My least favourite thing about roofing: Worksafe BC (WCB)

September 12, 2013 at 1:14 a.m.

Kristen

It gives full satisfaction of the work am doing to the people out there.Even people are very much satisfied with my work because i give them the best option for roofing their home and am proud to be a roofer

August 16, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.

GKRFG1

HOW ABOUT A NEW QUESTION. Maybe what your least favorite thing or anything else. [size=2]Please?[/size]

July 22, 2013 at 2:03 p.m.

Jon Wright

going from location to location and never having to work in the same place every day. Then there is the sense of accomplishment before going to the new roof.

July 16, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.

flatroofsdfw

Love Meeting New People In The DFW Metroplex. We Are Loving All This Rain Here In Dallas And Ft Worth

July 15, 2013 at 11:10 p.m.

nanamoose

I used to enjoy the roofing trade but my current partner has sucked all the fun out of what was once an enjoyable trade, but the pay ain't to bad..lol

June 26, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.

IOHomeImprovement

Vickie the Boss Said: Dont hold back.

I agree with Vickie. Besides the pay check ;) I enjoy many things about being a roofer, my favorite is the freedom! Traveling around like a gypsy or rock star fixing the roof that shelters and protects a family is exhilarating. B) Just think some people pay good money to exercise and get a good tan while we just get under paid.

June 20, 2013 at 1:59 a.m.

mosessovo

The best part of being a roofer is traveling around your community or your town seeing all your works of art. Where people wave at you and smile.

http://www.valentineroof.com/

June 1, 2013 at 11:53 a.m.

roofnobi

Hi, I am Arnold Davidson from Rochester. It's good to be here.

May 30, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.

Roofmaster1

When you make people smile because they are satisfied, that's my favorite part of being a roofer. :)

April 27, 2013 at 11:47 p.m.

robert

So its true they always come back! B)

April 26, 2013 at 5:35 p.m.

TomHay

:) Roofing is the one trade that lets Man control nature.

The pride that comes to be when you find that little pin hole that allows water to enter with only SW Winds over 15 MPH that you figured out where 99 others failed.

You are up in the air trying to beat an on coming storm and the only way you can do it is bring your TEAM that is with you together like a fine tuned FootBall team. Someone has to help give the directions but each team member is in his own way as important as the next to make the scheme of things work.

To debate a building owner on the issue of not to think as hard with his pocket book as the well being long term investment in his building.

Someone once beat me as the fastest French Fry bagger at McD's so I had to take it like a man finding other strengths and a chance to use my brain.

My favorite part is but simple, female roofing groupies. :)

April 26, 2013 at 12:29 p.m.

spudder1

A very simple answer from me" I love the smell of hot whether asphalt or pitch I love commerial flat roofing, however my company sold and installed residential, by referral only, but I love the challenge of a big old flat deck tear off with a storm coming in, figuring out setups using cranes loaders and how to bring the job into a perfect cost lol Yep tearing off a 16 story building using cranes, Helicopters lifts, Its fair to point out that we were also General Contractors and we did a lot of concrete spalling work what I enjoyed the most was the travel state to state mainly the east coast, but with some commercial acounts all across the USA, later on I got involved in during some estimating work for various insurance companies and some storm work using a estimating program called Xactimate I find out very quickly the the stormies woul call be up request an estimate el quicko but the pay was like a turtle, my last work reord was in a small town south of Houston where the ontractor ontacted me in Florida and wanted to hire me for an on site job, with nuttin to do and stuck in a wheelchair I said okay I got there and immediatly notice funny things going on I stayed around 6 months and discovered that someone was ooking the books,time to say adios bak to Florida I started to putz around but being disabled and at themercy of wheelchair my outside work was at a minium so no work since 2008 I still love the smell of hot, but just about everyone is using singleply PVC and TPO so no hot smell. I tried to get involved with Tom but that all turned south when his desire for cue stiks was greater than his SPF lol yep we had som diussions on SPF

April 24, 2013 at 8:49 p.m.

christopher

Knowing that my roofs will still be there over 100 years from now, long after I am gone!

April 23, 2013 at 4:32 p.m.

tonyb31

beginning at the bottom and working your way to the top. started loading and tear-off. then went to learning how to roof, hand-nailing shingles, shakes, and wood shingles. then going out on my own and trying to start my own business. getting back to working for someone else, then foreman, then superintendent, then sales for repair/maintenance, sales for commercial roofing, project manageing. it been a great road, and as lots of you have said you get to see the work you've done everytime your on the road. your always passing a building, a residence, our something that has your work on it.

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco WTI - Banner Ad - Start the Season Right
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Directory pinned ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
RClub pinned ad