User Access

Forum pinned ad
asdf12
Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
test
RClub pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Stealing Jobs

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Rolf

by toxic i simply mean toxic. roofs that are toxic in production remain toxic throughout their life including the longest part of their life which is spent in a landfill. there are several more options for non-toxic roofing other than natural slate. i ins>>>

November 2, 2008 at 1:05 p.m.

tinner666

All kinds of contractural stuff goes on around here Mike.

Jed. I don't know what to say. I make no claims there. I just try to do what needs doing, correctly. I've taken a short-cut of 2 in my time, but none that would cause a problem and come back>>>

November 2, 2008 at 2:41 a.m.

A-T-T

Mike - It's not uncommon for a contractor around here to have a cost plus contract with a written estimate. If the homeowner can find a contractor to do the work for less, the GC will usually allow it. The big mistake in this scenario is inadequate spe>>>

October 31, 2008 at 5:51 p.m.

kegolliday

If you refer to his previous posts you'll see he is refering to pretty much any roof bar slate. The name is a misnoma however. It should be pseudo slater. A classic example of the old adage "you don't know what you don't know" The ONLY one here who>>>

October 31, 2008 at 2:48 p.m.

Emeril Lagasse

I think he means a bunch of "Jury-roofers" (jury-rigging) installing material that they barely know. And by installing the roof in such way, the roofs therefore, becomes toxic. These roofs will be contaminated until the "Real Slater" comes in to tear>>>

October 31, 2008 at 2:14 p.m.

Hammerhead1

I think he's referring to standard asphalt roofing shingles?>>>

October 31, 2008 at 12:29 a.m.

A-T-T

Real Slater - What do you mean by "toxic roofs"? It sounds like a good term and I might start to use it if I really knew what it meant.>>>

October 30, 2008 at 3:47 p.m.

Rolf

that's all i ever get around here except it's usually a well known roofing contractor not known at all for slate. i have four slate roofs being put on around me right now by "roofers" and every one of them is breaking every rule in the book. truth is>>>

October 30, 2008 at 10:32 a.m.

jfreynik

This guys been around longer then I have and has been the high guy for years. Now he's low balling everybody. I have a contract with the builder not homeowner. He in turn gave his price to them with subs parted out to show were the money goes. Then after>>>

October 30, 2008 at 2:26 a.m.

tinner666

I hear that jobs are drying up around here and all kinds of cut-throat stuff going on.

I just tell price shoppers that they are comparing apples to raisins when comparing me to others.>>>

October 30, 2008 at 1:50 a.m.

Recruiter

What greedy people will do just to get a dollar. :angry:>>>

October 30, 2008 at 1:24 a.m.

A-T-T

That sucks.

The big question is "do you have a signed contract?" I know it sucks to force a customer to live by the terms of the contract but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do. OTH, if I hadn't done anything but the dry-in, I would>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Make More with Metal
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
RClub pinned ad
test
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
RLW pinned ad
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Danny Boyle