User Access

Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
Polyglass - Sidebar Ad - Polyfresko
RClub pinned ad
test
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Stealing Jobs

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jfreynik

I have a roofing contractor trying to steal my slate job from under me. I'm working for a builder and have already dried in the addition roof. This guy comes along and meets with the homeowner and undercut me by a mile. example 50 ft. of copper pole gutt>>>

November 13, 2008 at 2:48 p.m.

chicochica

I know copperman does good work and knows his stuff. I can tell bye his pics and knowledge. I believe he helped me with some advice on copper shingles back in 2005. [url]http://pub13.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=1038388042#bn-photocenter-1-1>>>

November 13, 2008 at 2:35 p.m.

chicochica

I know that just saying thats happened to me and then problems at the end like payment or something else...nothing on coppermans end. I had some where I wanted the job and got then wished I didnt.>>>

November 13, 2008 at 2:43 a.m.

chicochica

Thats good..I hope it isnt a sorry I got what I asked for job.;)>>>

November 12, 2008 at 3:36 a.m.

jfreynik

I'll do a group hug only if tinner has his pants on:ohmy:>>>

November 9, 2008 at 11:48 p.m.

builderr

so...are we ALL ok? One thing that i have learned in my 44 years of roofing regardless of the product being discussed, or the # of shots that have been saluted' at the typical Friday night bragging session after work is this... I would rather have you wo>>>

November 9, 2008 at 7:59 p.m.

manbearpig

Old School wrote: [quote]Back in the 60's and early 70's we used to say " I'm ok and you're ok"

I think we all have to get over ourselves a bit and just let the cream rise to the top. I started "roofing" with my dad when I was about 5, so>>>

November 9, 2008 at 4:43 p.m.

RABOIN

Back in the 60's and early 70's we used to say " I'm ok and you're ok"

I think we all have to get over ourselves a bit and just let the cream rise to the top. I started "roofing" with my dad when I was about 5, so I have only been roofing for 51>>>

November 8, 2008 at 6:02 p.m.

Rolf

just read "the slate roof bible" it's available at www.slateroofcentral.com also check out the index of articles from traditional roofing magazine while you're there. you'll see what i mean.>>>

November 5, 2008 at 7:05 a.m.

cucukacho

REAL SLATER:

Ive never heard of a difference between Roofers and Slaters? Or a hatred there of? I've pretty much seen it all and done it all, which makes me a Professional Roofing Contractor?

If theres anything I have learned in 25 years of Roofing, I>>>

November 3, 2008 at 11:01 p.m.

tinner666

Rs, you have a point, but it's a very, very fine line between talking about something and orating and crossing it can 'get touchy' at times. I've done it myself a few times.

Unforunately, I have no advice to give since I don't know how to avoid it a>>>

November 2, 2008 at 10:53 p.m.

jfreynik

Update I got the job! Or should I say I get to keep it. at my price by the way. She looked at a few of my jobs and a few of his, that was all it took. case closed>>>

November 2, 2008 at 10:47 p.m.

jfreynik

OKKKKKKKKK what did I say to draw that rebuff?:ohmy:>>>

November 2, 2008 at 7:35 p.m.

Rolf

sorry copperman, i was confused. i could be confused again but jedd weren't we cool at one point? what did i do to you? i do respect guys like old school, tinner, copperman, rrd, vaa for their wisdom and when i'm wrong they always respectfully let me kn>>>

November 2, 2008 at 7:22 p.m.

Rolf

anyways jedd, i said i usually use a sawzall instead of a "ripper", there's nothing defeating about that. have you tried it? i set up an old school slater with the idea cause his ripper wasn't pulling out stainless nails, i received no desrespect from>>>

November 2, 2008 at 4:29 p.m.

kegolliday

I think you are getting confused. Copperman did'nt knock you, I did. You constantly refer to everyone on this site as "toxic roofers", and demean most us with disparaging comments about the products we apply. This since I have been visiting here. Obvi>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting - Banner Ad - Roofing Project Management Certification Program
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
test
RClub pinned ad
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Information pinned ad