User Access

Forum pinned ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Danny Boyle
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
Forum pinned ad
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Place orders online from your Local suppliers

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

Webmaster Steve

Do any of your suppliers offer placing orders online.

If so how does that help you in your day to day business.

If not would you use it Why/Why not.

July 30, 2010 at 11:22 a.m.

guch

I prefer a phone call to schedule the delivery which gives me the person to person time and I suggest to email or fax the order over so if there are any mistakes made we can track it. Over a phone order items get left off either on my end or the roofers end (sometimes). So when it comes down to the roofer looking at his load and something is missing it's instantly the supplier's fault. Who wants to take blame? No one. So as a supplier I want the person to person communication backed up with a fax or email. There are some customers we even send a order confirmation to their office to verify products and quantity to eliminate mistakes made at either end. Thanks

July 29, 2010 at 11:43 p.m.

lanny

Always by phone...They can tell me right then when they are coming & I can answer any questions immediately. Most of my phone orders are same day deliveries...I call at 9AM for that afternoon. I usually call from the rooftop. Lanny

July 25, 2010 at 6:34 p.m.

TARBABY

I am like Robby for the most part, I do every thing in person with the exception of a few things such as metal. I like to go down to ABC and get with my salesman and order everything a week or 2 in advance and get everything squared away so the guys can just go to work.

July 21, 2010 at 1:54 p.m.

Robby the Roofer

Were I in a position to order materials online...I would....considering I had a the work load. Calling in 3-5 roof loads a day can sometimes get confusing over the phone, that is where online can make a difference. It will hold the supplier accountable for thier mistakes in delivery, communication over the phone can be can create more errors. The real bad thing is, as a contractor, your online ordering has to be perfect or you will have to eat it....so to speak.

On the other hand...I am more of a people person. I will drive down to the supplier and order my materials in person, for this, they will never forget who you are compared to the number you become with online ordering.

July 20, 2010 at 1:04 p.m.

Terry D

I prefer to call the orders in. That way, I am told if something is going to be back ordered and if so, how long lead time is. Since we pay for materials up front, I get the numbers when I place the order and cut the check.

As of right now, our main supplier does not have an online order program but if one were available and it would provide me with the information I get from a warm body, then sure I would use it.

July 19, 2010 at 7:43 p.m.

andy

I just checked with my roofing dist this spring and they said I can e-mail orders in any time. Haven't tried it yet.

July 17, 2010 at 4:16 p.m.

jimAKAblue

I would like that, but it's not available.

I do fax the PO's directly from my computer though.

July 17, 2010 at 12:56 p.m.

Verified

would be nice if it was integrated with acculynx. That would be great. Just push the button approved and have the order ready.

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Certified Contractors Network - Banner Ad - Spring 2022 Conference
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar