User Access

Forum pinned ad
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
Directory pinned ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
IKO - Sidebar Ad - ARMOURZONE
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

If your a roofer you must read this, i knew one of them

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

ottawa_roofer

Firefighters powerless to save doomed roofers: chief

MONTREAL — The Montreal fire department says it did all it could to save two men who burned alive in a rooftop fire Sunday while horrified witnesses and firefighters stood by, unable to reach them.

Fire officials said a littered construc­tion site around the building, impass­able access to the rear, tinder-box ply­wood walls, flammable tar and two ex­plosions within seconds of their ar­rival made a rescue impossible.

The identities of the victims have not been made public. Witnesses said the men burned like torches before clutching at one another and then top^ jump over the side, firefighters did all they could under the circumstances, said Frank Albert, a division chief with Montreal's department.

A ladder truck could not manoeuvre close enough to reach the men because pallets and scrap wood were piled in the alley be­hind the building. The Montreal Gazette>>>

January 11, 2022 at 1:27 a.m.

EmyJackson1

Man, I hate to read about that! That's awful! I measured a 3 story apt. building today on about a 5/12 slope. I only had a 24 ft. ladder with me so i had to go up the only low side there was to get up to the 3 story part. I was able to get the gutter to ridge measurement but to get the lenght i was going to have to cross over a 4-5 ft. firewall that had aluminum siding on the sides and an aluminum solid cap on top that was fairly slick. I must be getting older and wiser or maybe it hearing about things like this but i didn't have the bullz to cross over it. lol Just a few years ago i would of done a double somersault over it and laughed about it. If i got on top of that sucker and started sliding there would of been no way to stop it and 3 frigging stories to the ground. No Thanks! The maintenance guy was king enough to hold the dumb end of the tape measure for the lenght measurement from the ground! :woohoo:>>>

February 12, 2009 at 10:43 p.m.

OLE Willie

Man, I hate to read about that! That's awful! I measured a 3 story apt. building today on about a 5/12 slope. I only had a 24 ft. ladder with me so i had to go up the only low side there was to get up to the 3 story part. I was able to get the gutter to ridge measurement but to get the lenght i was going to have to cross over a 4-5 ft. firewall that had aluminum siding on the sides and an aluminum solid cap on top that was fairly slick. I must be getting older and wiser or maybe it hearing about things like this but i didn't have the bullz to cross over it. lol Just a few years ago i would of done a double somersault over it and laughed about it. If i got on top of that sucker and started sliding there would of been no way to stop it and 3 frigging stories to the ground. No Thanks! The maintenance guy was king enough to hold the dumb end of the tape measure for the lenght measurement from the ground! :woohoo:>>>

February 12, 2009 at 5:47 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

yes, these are things i keep in my scap book, i scaned it, and thought that it should be put on this forum. i knew one of those Gents.>>>

February 12, 2009 at 5:07 p.m.

Old School

Was that recently? I read something similiar about 3 years ago!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting - Banner Ad - Next Level Estimating Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
classified
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar