User Access

Forum pinned ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
classified
Directory pinned ad
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
RClub pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Gable vents with smart vent soffit and filtervent

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jres

My contemporary shed roof with no peaks was just done with Smartvent soffit and Airvent ridgevents. I still have 3' x 4'gable vents, (acutally 1/2 gable vents) on the sides of the house. Ive read where i should close them off to imporve airflow. What ha>>>

November 9, 2008 at 12:06 a.m.

RABOIN

What the other guys said. I would be interested to hear the results of your testing though. What you are after is a continous flow of air just beneath the roof surface...The whole roof surface. that is why the gable vents muight not be a good idea. Th>>>

November 8, 2008 at 8:52 p.m.

jres

I think I will cover the gable vents with removable heavey visquine plastic and monitor the temporature and humidity both with and without the visquine.>>>

November 8, 2008 at 2:44 p.m.

roofer man

Apparently, the perimeter soffit permits intake air a pattern of flow to exhaust at the ridge vents. Any additional vents would upset this balance by short circuiting the flow inasmuch as there would be less resistance. (However, it might be argued that>>>

November 7, 2008 at 11:14 p.m.

A-T-T

Your house may spontaneously burst into flames. Just kidding. I don't think you can have too much ventilation. IMO it's best to try and balance the intake with the outflow.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Train to Retain Podcast
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard