User Access

Forum pinned ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
RLW pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

DO YOU WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Mike H

I found it hard to read. Bad background color choices, my biggest complaint with the "other" forum.

No preview function.

No color change to threads previously opened.

Better, but it's gotta ways to go.>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:39 a.m.

max

Here is a link to the most popular template club.

At the top will be a drop down for all the templates.All of them are loaded with every feature and most people take out the ones they want, so they wouldn't be that busy in actual use.

[url]http://demo>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:36 a.m.

max

It is a jumbled mess MikeH. There are templates you can buy for $50 or so that are already configured nicely. Then anyone can add content with 0 programming skills.

Here is a link to a forum I temporarily launcehd.

It is a PHP forum that works well a>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:25 a.m.

Mike H

And to answer that question: Do you want a different forum? Should we fix this one? Do you want the old one back?

Well, I am sure you can guess my wish. Joomla seems to be a good name for jumbled mess.>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:24 a.m.

Mike H

Vickie,

Quick is key. Steve had done many things, which are not all that unique to some forums, that made your old forum the fastest, easiest, most friendly forum on the web, imho. Sure, some folks like Jeff, like bells, whistles and added features.

>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:21 a.m.

max

This is what the Fireboard forum looks like when you put in on the whole page http://www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,38/>>>

August 19, 2008 at 3:43 a.m.

Brian

My opinion is we keep what you already paid for. This site has alot of potential. But the primary purpose of this site (to many of us) is the forum.

Please make the posting area wider by eliminating this tiny narrow forum in the middle of all this advert>>>

August 19, 2008 at 3:35 a.m.

Jim1

thanks>>>

August 19, 2008 at 3:31 a.m.

max

I think you are on the right track with Joomla, the website software. I'm surprised they are using the default template instead of getting a nicer (grander) one.

I'd suggest making a few modifications to the current forum software (Fireboard) before s>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Duro-Last - Banner Ad - Custom Fabrication Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
RLW pinned ad
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant