User Access

Forum pinned ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
Information pinned ad
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

DO YOU WANT THE OLD FORUM BACK?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jim1

Well Ladies and Gentlemen:

As you have all ascertained I hired a firm to redo my website because I thought it needed a new set of eyes. I didn’t/don’t know a thing about professional website design so I thought an organization that only does website>>>

August 27, 2008 at 5:34 p.m.

Pixie

It's ALL about the tweaks.

I think many are used to other forum software and in particular the "old" RCS forum.

I think if we give the programmers time and with our input those "tweaks" will eventually mold the site into something great.

I u>>>

August 27, 2008 at 4:41 p.m.

Jim1

Miscreant, that is supposed to cheer me up? I know that you can mess with a good thing and ruin it. I also know that in my business if you are not taking a step forward you are taking a step backwards. This site needs to be THE destination for roofing.>>>

August 27, 2008 at 3:22 p.m.

max

There was a little restaurant around the corner from where I live. They used to serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Kind of like a diner in the suburbs.

The place was always packed, because in addition to good food, it had a sense of community. The place>>>

August 27, 2008 at 12:11 a.m.

Mike H

Like others, I'm getting used to it through the news room, but the general functionality and readability of this site is still a far cry from the old one.

Some like things complex, some like things simple. I'm squarely in the simple category.>>>

August 26, 2008 at 8:36 p.m.

A-T-T

Generally speaking, people resist change. I'm getting used to it. The site is getting better every day.

I also would like to see the posts a little wider. It would be great if each topic didn't appear twice in the list of topics.

Otherwise, I thin>>>

August 26, 2008 at 8:05 p.m.

kegolliday

I'm getting used to it since I started coming in through the forum tab on the gui like woody sugested, before that I did'nt like it at all.>>>

August 26, 2008 at 7:39 p.m.

REDSHIRT ROOFING

YES! I for one would like the old forum back. I don't like that you have spent money on this "upgrade" for nothing but I would guess that the forum was just a small part of the overall cost. I am just not enjoying this new layout. I check in on occasio>>>

August 19, 2008 at 10:04 p.m.

TARBABY

The one true constant in life is change ! Rather than complain about today, I will thank Vickie & staff 4 alot of great yesterdays during which I was able to interact with peers & mentors>>>

August 19, 2008 at 7:04 p.m.

Brian

Ok, time to be "corny"! :silly:

Be one with the corn bobbysun!

Life is like a cob of corn...your forever changed the first time you "pop"!

Hmm... I'll think of more. Just gimme awhile. :laugh: :woohoo:

Notice how none of them are frowning. The>>>

August 19, 2008 at 6:58 p.m.

roofer2

>>>

August 19, 2008 at 5:55 p.m.

Ralph

I just want a better design. The old one was better as are the options Miscreant keeps offering up for suggestion.

And we need better smilies or I will continue to import mine.... >>>

August 19, 2008 at 5:23 p.m.

N8

I think you should go with your Heart regarding YOUR decision as to the continuation with the new forum or not.

But, keep in mind future expandable options that may come along.

V-Bulletin is a very good and inexpensive software, but you still need a web>>>

August 19, 2008 at 4:26 p.m.

roofer2

ContractorTalk has a great forum set up.

vBulletin I believe it is.

I understand the need for advertising to support the board. I think you could find a great compromise with a vBulletin Board.

It's all ready set up...all that's needed is for RCS>>>

August 19, 2008 at 2:22 p.m.

robert

so far i hate it,bring back the one i know how to navigate!>>>

August 19, 2008 at 6:52 a.m.

johnw

I can come into the forum through the newsroom and it looks just fine to me too. It does not retain that form though. On my screen, the minute I leave the page, everything reverts.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Train to Retain Podcast
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!