English
English
Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
egtest82124 Avatar
Information pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Copper Work

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

kegolliday

Any info on the style of this counter flashing? I've never seen it cut so small...>>>

September 16, 2008 at 12:32 a.m.

jfreynik

I thought so. I don't like them myself. They are just a simple frame of copper and covered. You cant step on them they will collapse. I know that but the poor guy going up on the roof 10 years from now don,t. hell be in for a surprise for sure.>>>

September 15, 2008 at 7:49 p.m.

kegolliday

Tinner, Copperman, you boys were right on the money with your pricing. I went to order those saddle vents today and the "actual" price was $1400 ea. The original figure was "ball park">>>

September 12, 2008 at 3:23 a.m.

robert

Jedd try sheetmetal supply in harrahan they sell them and manufacture there i believe.>>>

September 12, 2008 at 1:21 a.m.

tinner666

egg wrote: [quote]Shoot me now or save it for later when you looking for something to do; but I think it's silly to make those vents entirely out of copper like that, or any dissimilar material for that matter. There's no call for it and they're>>>

September 12, 2008 at 1:06 a.m.

johnw

Shoot me now or save it for later when you looking for something to do; but I think it's silly to make those vents entirely out of copper like that, or any dissimilar material for that matter. There's no call for it and they're not pretty enough to jus>>>

September 11, 2008 at 11:56 p.m.

RABOIN

That is cheap for copper dormer vents. We have made them in the shop before, but it a lot of work. All of the vanes have to be bent and installed and there has to be a copper valley extending out onto the roof. A lot of work.>>>

September 11, 2008 at 10:26 p.m.

jfreynik

At today's copper prices that price sounds cheap for that size. Where are you getting them? I installed 3 barrel type copper vents a few years ago and I thought they were around $1200.00 each>>>

September 11, 2008 at 9:55 p.m.

dennis

What tinner and elcid(long time no see) said.

Those aren't cuts and separate pieces, but 1/2" folds.

Agree with tinner on the vents also.

Sounds like a nice job.>>>

September 11, 2008 at 9:49 p.m.

tinner666

Keystone Flashing is right. It's 12" to 18" wide in the mortar and gov spec.

At $180.. per sheet of 16 oz. copper, I'd say that's a heck of a good price! Was the other guy's price in 12oz per chance? Been a lot of that going around out here. Good f>>>

September 11, 2008 at 5:36 p.m.

Slick

Hi Jedd,

That does not sound like a bad price for those vents.>>>

September 11, 2008 at 5:34 p.m.

Slick

Hi Jedd,

Some people just want everything new. Nothing wrong with that.

We have people that replace perfectly good gutters. They were used to the galvinized gutters that lasted 25 years like the shingles. So they just replace both at the same time.

I>>>

September 11, 2008 at 4:59 p.m.

kegolliday

Lefty, I am replacing them because thats what the customer wants. He also wants 340 ft of 5x4 copper box gutter, 120 ft of copper downpipe, and copper drip edge on his new 67sq 3 tab, 0ne layer tear off. Cost of roof inc labor = $11,000. Cost of c>>>

September 11, 2008 at 2:31 p.m.

max

I think Wywoody hit the nail on the head. I used to have a foreman that would do crap like that, thinking he was saving money. The problem was that we would have he counter flashing already formed and on site.

A few weeks later he would be cutting up th>>>

September 11, 2008 at 2:21 p.m.

roofer man

Looks like Keystone Flashing to me, manufactured in Phila. Its krinkled design permits mason to install cement to make a solid tie-in for brick work.>>>

September 11, 2008 at 1:24 p.m.

wywoody

My guess on the pieced-in flashing is the mason had a bunch of copper step flashing pieces and wanted to use them up.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Duro-Last - Banner Ad - Custom Fabrication Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
egtest82124 Avatar
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
Information pinned ad
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge