User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
Information pinned ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
egtest82124 Avatar
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Coating over old PVC type membrane

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

clvr83

Vaa: I'm happy to fix them :) I was so tired I almost didn't reply at all last night. Didn't think there would be so many replies that quick! Your's looks good Vaa, but I'm curious as to why you(single ply champ nominee) did that compared to a normal patch? Was this a different scenario, or to save money for the client?

GKRFG: We brush applied the Liquidtape and then rolled on the Gaco. You can see some gray coating, that's the first layer of Gaco. It really helps you to know where you've been when applying your second coat.

October 23, 2015 at 9:57 p.m.

GKRFG1

I will definitely call him.

October 23, 2015 at 9:17 p.m.

GKRFG1

Clvr, Big files, but once they loaded were just what I'm looking for. Looks to me like it was brush applied.

October 23, 2015 at 9:16 p.m.

Roofguy

You need a rep like Bobby to get you up to speed. He sprayed some of the SPF on the Superdome and is very knowledgable. Bobby will take good care of you.

October 23, 2015 at 9:15 p.m.

Roofguy

You can roll it, but on larger jobs we spray it. It require 5-6,000 psi which brings injection injury risk into the picture.

Rolling it takes some care as it is moisture-cured and will clobber up on you after a while.

The stuff is great, unaffected by UV or ponding water. Very resilient, too.

October 23, 2015 at 9:04 p.m.

GKRFG1

Tim, Thanks for the lead. I will call him Monday. I did see the Gaco line through the ABC catalog. Just trying to get an idea what might be the best way to prolong the life of the roof.

A couple of questions if I may. Have you ever used it? Do you apply it with a spray gun?

October 23, 2015 at 9:01 p.m.

clvr83

Wow big, sorry but I'm not changing at the moment. :)

Also, I put Gaco Liquidtape down on most of this area and two coats of the regular after a tough cleaning to get ride of most grease.

October 23, 2015 at 8:58 p.m.

clvr83

I put down some GACO on this PVC roof about 16 months ago and it still looked great when I saw it about 3 months ago. I'm sure not buying that 50 year claim, but who knows. Also pricey, unless it is a 50 year roof.

October 23, 2015 at 6:58 p.m.

Roofguy

Silicone is great stuff. Here is our Gaco rep, give him a call: Bobby Anderson 979-220-5932

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Train to Retain Podcast
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
RClub pinned ad
Information pinned ad
Metal-Era & Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Falcon
Polyglass - Sidebar Ad - Polyfresko
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors