User Access

Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
asdf12
test
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
RClub pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Anyone know anything about Service Magic?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

lanny

---I am being solicited to join them. They make it sound good. What's the real scoop? I once joined "Handyman Online" for a year. I did not get one job from their leads and did not renew. Lanny

August 10, 2021 at 11:56 p.m.

hunterlineroofing

I used them and quality smith alot. The problem is as they stated and also on there ad campaigns they put the headlines "estimate price for your roof" so people think that they are getting a quote online. people already sometimes have a few quotes b4 they go to service magic. You are better off starting a web campaign with webvisible or yodel. You can even do it yourself on google ad words etc. Thats all these lead companies do anyhow. search roofing contractors on one of search engines and see the ads in yellow? those are ad campaigns or pay per click.

-Verified

Hunterline Roofing have been servicing commercial roof repairs, roof replacements, roof restoration including roof tile repairs, roofing restoration & roof maintenance in the greater Hunter areas for a long time now and we’ve seen it all. Everything from failed waterproofing, leaking flashings, cracked tiles, wind and weather damage, corrosion and salt damage, you name it.
Give us a call today to put your roofing problems to rest for good.

July 10, 2010 at 11:16 a.m.

Verified

I used them and quality smith alot. The problem is as they stated and also on there ad campaigns they put the headlines "estimate price for your roof" so people think that they are getting a quote online. people already sometimes have a few quotes b4 they go to service magic. You are better off starting a web campaign with webvisible or yodel. You can even do it yourself on google ad words etc. Thats all these lead companies do anyhow. search roofing contractors on one of search engines and see the ads in yellow? those are ad campaigns or pay per click.

July 2, 2010 at 9:12 a.m.

jimAKAblue

Old School Said: I am just a bit skepticle of the organizations that want to sell you business. Why dont they just do it themselves? Sell a bunch of leads to a lot of different people and let them fight it out while they are getting paid for them. What value are they adding?

They worked for me when I was selling additions and baths. The closing ratio wasn't high but the jobs were large enough and it made economical sense.

Heres the numbers: it took about 10 leads at 35-50 to land one job. So, to land one job that might be anywhere from 8,000 to 80,000, the leads cost me about $400 total.

I got one lead from the former CEO of Motorola: Asian division. We ended up doing 5k worth of design work and I would have landed more than 150k of remodeling if I hadn't stopped general contracting.

On the other hand, I don't see how someone like a handyman could make it work for him. There would be only one winner in each zip code: the guy that is steeped in technology and could return the calls before anyone else.

July 1, 2010 at 7:51 p.m.

Old School

I am just a bit skepticle of the organizations that want to sell you business. Why don't they just do it themselves? Sell a bunch of "leads" to a lot of different people and let them fight it out while they are getting paid for them. What value are they adding?

June 30, 2010 at 9:16 p.m.

lanny

---I read the posts on contractortalk mentioned by Tinner. Excellent comments from those who have used them. I think I'll pass. I have never liked the idea of a company that sells leads anyway. Lanny

June 29, 2010 at 11:04 p.m.

jimAKAblue

Old School Said: What ever happened to referals? Easier and cheaper than buying leads IMHO

What if a new business didn't have any referral base? What if a contractor moved from Michigan to Texas....(that was me)?

June 29, 2010 at 8:38 p.m.

Old School

What ever happened to "referals? Easier and cheaper than buying leads IMHO

June 29, 2010 at 8:30 a.m.

jimAKAblue

The Roofing God Said: Only problem I hear Lanny ,is that you get a lead from them,go to a clients home,and find out you`re the 2nd,or 3rd contractor they`re getting a bid from,,,all from service magic !!!

The "regular" leads are given to more than one contractor. That's an established part of the program. They do have exclusive leads that cost more. The contractor's site claimed that they then sold these "exclusive" leads to other lead companies. That sounds like something they would do...or they probably own several different lead companies.

June 29, 2010 at 6:27 a.m.

The Roofing God

Only problem I hear Lanny ,is that you get a lead from them,go to a clients home,and find out you`re the 2nd,or 3rd contractor they`re getting a bid from,,,all from service magic !!!

June 29, 2010 at 5:24 a.m.

tinner666

http://www.contractortalk.com/f100/

June 29, 2010 at 1:16 a.m.

jimAKAblue

I have heard a lot of bad stuff about SM from many contractors...I had mixed results when I tried them.

About 3 years ago, I contracted with SM to provide me leads for general remodeling. I targeted additions, kitchens and baths, rough framing and decks. I quickly figured out that I better dump kitchens, framing and decks. I then did okay with the focused target market. I had to pay close attention to the areas that I took leads from.

I don't know too much about the roofing biz and SM.

I've heard some contractors say they were a pain to cancel. I didn't have any trouble.

Try gambling a minimum amount in your area. Then report back to us please.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rockwool - Banner Ad - Watch Now - RLW - Acoustics - April 2022
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
Information pinned ad
Everroof - Sidebar Ad - Podcast Promo
test
RLW pinned ad