User Access

Forum pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
Information pinned ad
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How to pay your salesmen?

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

The Roofing God

Rambogolf Said: Hello everyone!

Without sales you dont have anything! Treat your sales reps like gold and watch them produce. A well trained sales rep is the single most important aspect in our business. I pay off the net profit (materials, labor, dump fees) anywhere from 20-40 percent. My top 3 reps also get a truck to drive, free golf, meals, etc... all 3 make over $100,000 a year. I hope this helps you and good luck!!!

To me,the single most important aspect is backing it up with craftsmanship,and attention to detail,nothing more,nothing less,otherwise as a salesman,You might begin to feel like you`re selling Charlie Browns rock :dry:

February 9, 2011 at 5:24 p.m.

ottawa_roofer

7%

January 30, 2011 at 7:50 p.m.

CIAK

Salesman are coin operated B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

January 27, 2011 at 11:13 p.m.

Rambogolf

Hello everyone!

Without sales you don't have anything! Treat your sales reps like gold and watch them produce. A well trained sales rep is the single most important aspect in our business. I pay off the net profit (materials, labor, dump fees) anywhere from 20-40 percent. My top 3 reps also get a truck to drive, free golf, meals, etc... all 3 make over $100,000 a year. I hope this helps you and good luck!!!

January 26, 2011 at 9:15 p.m.

Mr.JoeRoofer

Interesting Subject .... As we are looking to hire a sales / service person .... We are looking at a base salary, truck, cell, etc plus full line of benefits and commission ....

Guess it all depends on what type of salesperson you are hiring as to the pay structure .... In our case there is service and inspections involved and some crew managing so just sales, our position is far from .....

We just placed this ad for a second run .... Have a few good candidates / response from the first run but still exploring our options - a good fit is a must for all concerned ....

FLAT ROOF ESTIMATOR CHICAGOLAND AREA: Can you read Flat Roofs, write specs, sell custom solutions and find / fix small leaks? Let's talk, we have rare opportunity available. Bill Wade 630-898-3230. Email to: wade@affordableroofing.net (Aurora, IL)

January 21, 2011 at 6:01 p.m.

The Roofing God

you have to give him the prices to sell at,If he sells at your prices ,and makes his commission you would be happy,sounds like he`s just not charging enough,and that you need to straighten out,not the percentage

January 20, 2011 at 11:51 a.m.

Roofguy

Pay him on a par system. You don't want to entice the salesman to take advantage of the customer, but once in awhile a situation will arise where you might choose not to give a customer a volume discount, or something like that...e.g., I never gave any price breaks to the insurance carrier on hail damage claims, or if I knew he was going to be a problem customer I'd charge him more...call it a Stupid Tax.

So, the salesman gets 10% base commission. If a particular application usually gets bid at $200/SQR but he is able to get $220/SQR, he gets his 10% + 1/2 of the amount above our normal price, or $10/SQR for him. This enourages him to sell profitable jobs.

January 20, 2011 at 10:20 a.m.

twill59

It is a race to the bottom

For what most clowns are giving away work for around here, I could prolly "sell" their price and close 80% of the jobs I'd look atfor them. At least

Try selling a profitable price that allows a little something for your employees, busienss and family. Then you gotta sell

January 19, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.

FL Roofer

This question seems to come up alot here lately. I give the same answer I always do. A low base salary determined alongside whatever else he gets, meal allowance, mileage, company cellphone, vehicle etc plus commission. 7-10% is about the norm although I know a fella that gets 12. But what I don't understand is this "but what I'm finding out is the salesmen are making......blah" What do you care if he gets a commission check of twenty or a hundred grand on a bid that has his cut figured into it? Did he not earn it? Are you saying that is too much money for a guy that caught a lucky break and a bid fell into his lap...... What when he bust his ass with a picky homeowner who insists he come to the house for six different consults, all after nine at night cos he is so busy, and breaks his balls on each visit with dumbass questions and tire kicking for a measly 30sq three tab and he don't make jack. The commission is agreed upon hiring, you are obligated. If you don't like him getting the big checks then you go figure the bid.

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Enhance Your Business With Tri-Built 2022
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Forum pinned ad
Directory pinned ad
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now