Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
Information pinned ad
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
egtest82124 Avatar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Concealed Carry?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

She had her gun and didn't shoot back? I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 anyday

February 17, 2011 at 9:32 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Roofguy, that is so cool. Real badboy cowboys. I can only imagine but I bet my imagination is better than yours. :woohoo: PC

OS: I'm going to be very vage here. There was a situation in Texas a few years back, a young lady with a carry permit was eating with parents in a diner, a nutcase came in shooting up the place, her parents were killed but she didn't have the right to pull her gun.???????????? Something about Texas Law & carry permits. Does anyone have any recall of this?

sillabica...wait 'til you see some of the stupid questions they ask you. Just be careful. PC

February 17, 2011 at 2:42 p.m.

sillabica

I am just going for mine license next week, can't wait!

February 14, 2011 at 10:21 a.m.

Roofguy

Old School Said: I think a lot of the states enacted a must issue law about 10 years ago, and since that time there have been thousands of CCLs issued in Michigan anyway. At the time, the worry was that it would be like the shootout at OK corral, but it has never happened. There have been bills introduced now to allow permit holders to carry most everywhere and I hope it passes. It is about time that the bad guys are worried when they start anything. From the sound of it, they are surounded most of the time

Yep.

The right to bear arms was always an easy sell to me, having been born and raised in Dodge City Kansas, in a house that was one of Dodge's original courthouses in which Wyatt Earp and Bat Masterson were in many times. You can imagine the daydreams a young boy can imagine as he lies in bed at night knowing that Wyatt Earp was right there in that room.

February 14, 2011 at 8:10 a.m.

Old School

I think a lot of the states enacted a "must issue" law about 10 years ago, and since that time there have been thousands of CCL's issued in Michigan anyway. At the time, the worry was that it would be like the shootout at OK corral, but it has never happened. There have been bills introduced now to allow permit holders to carry most everywhere and I hope it passes. It is about time that the bad guys are worried when they start anything. From the sound of it, they are "surounded" most of the time

February 14, 2011 at 8:01 a.m.

Patty Cakes

Thank You, the rest I know, Steve had to do that a few times. PC

February 14, 2011 at 7:12 a.m.

Roofguy

Concealed Handgun License. It has to be given to the cop along with your drivers license anytime you're stopped. I guess cops get edgy knowing they aren't the only one armed. :cheer:

February 13, 2011 at 10:51 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Roofguy, funny video. CHL ??? I'm guessing. Consealed Holders License??????????? Don't know, asking, different phrases different parts of the country. Just want to know. PC

February 13, 2011 at 4:17 a.m.

Roofguy

My brother holds a lot of the ccl classes at his house. He has been working with abother guy that teaches them for about 2 years and they have had quite a few hundred people take the class there. It is good to know that there are a lot of qualified people that are carrying. That is certinly a deterent.

Exactly. There is somewhat of a tradition among CHL holders called: The Wally Walk. To do the Wally Walk, just after you receive your plastic (carry license) in the mail, you holster your gun, go to the nearest Walmart, and walk around the store trying to identify others who're carrying. You don't say anything if you spot them, you just keep moving.

It's good to know that at any given time, in a Texas Walmart at least, there are likely 10-20 customers walking around carrying a gun. Eventually the bad guys will figure this out.

Here is how you know you're shopping in Texas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIMiLF_L8s8

February 12, 2011 at 8:45 p.m.

Old School

I would thi9nk that one of the little 14 inch bar chainsaws would do a lot of damage in a close in fight.

My brother holds a lot of the ccl classes at his house. He has been working with abother guy that teaches them for about 2 years and they have had quite a few hundred people take the class there. It is good to know that there are a lot of qualified people that are carrying. That is certinly a deterent.

February 12, 2011 at 6:32 a.m.

Roofguy

Yeah, chainsaw would be a good deterrent. But it better be tuned up really well coz I'm gonna shoot the guy before he gets a second pull on the start rope. :lol:

My wife takes her CHL class/test today - I'm neverous and I'm not even gonna be there.

February 11, 2011 at 9:37 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Yes you can without a permit. A little bulky but certainly a deterrent. Just a follow thru...this happened 30yrs ago. 2yrs ago I told this story to a guy, he was in disbelieve, because his boss had told him the same story. Turns out his boss was a long time friend of Steves'. Small world. LOL PC

February 11, 2011 at 9:12 p.m.

Old School

Can you carry a chainsaw.

February 11, 2011 at 6:53 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Have to tell you a story. No guns involved. My husband use to live in Harrisburg, prior to us meeting. He was at a traffic light and he noticed 3 young black men approach his truck with pipes in hand. Steve had been cutting wood that day and had a chainsaw in the truck. He got out and started up the saw, needless to say 3 young men turned on their heels. PC

February 10, 2011 at 4:06 p.m.

Roofguy

My stepdad is a retired 32 year PD veteran who taught instinctive shooting and won most of his area shooting compeitionsfor years. He taught me some pretty cool techniques for instinctive shooting that has me shooting well enough to achieve combat accuracy with virtually no aiming/siting. For that reason I probably won't put a laser on my new 1911 unless they come out with a guiderod for the EMP.

As for no knock warrants, I'm against them for many of the same reasons I'm against high speed police chases unless the runner is a known felon and/or there is imminent danger to the public. I just don't trust the police as much as I once did - too many have the wrong temperment for the job, and are adrenelin junkies who do not think constitutional restrictions apply to them. A recent SWAT standoff here awhile back resulted in one SWAT team member shooting another in the back of the head, killing him. Numerous high speed chases for questionable reasons have resulted in deaths here. Two local cops were recently fired for child molestation. It pains me to say it but it's not like it used to be.

I think every PD recruit should be forced to watch 50 Andy Griffith reruns then told to emulate Andy, not Barney. :cheer: Unfortunately, a few local officers have been caught emulating Otis Cambell. :cheer:

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." -- Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
RClub pinned ad
Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
egtest82124 Avatar
Information pinned ad