User Access

Forum pinned ad
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
Forum pinned ad
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
RLW pinned ad
Exceptional Metals - Sidebar Ad - Metal Roof Tax Incentives
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY...

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

vickie

What is the one thing you use in your job that you can't live with out?

Tool or Equipment (for installation) or Gadget (for business).

May 23, 2015 at 7:29 a.m.

GKRFG1

Time to call this post "Question of the Year"!

April 7, 2015 at 11:55 a.m.

Jack-Legge

ARRRRRRRRR...AHOY THER LADDIES..WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERLINES THER WE SAYS...IN RESPONCIATORY TO YE INQUIZIATORY THER MISS VICTORIA...WHILE CRUISIN "THA SEVEN SUBDIVISIONS" AH LOOKIN FER THA PROPER VIKTUM.....ER....LITTLE OLE LADY IN ROOFIN DISTRESSES.....OLE JACK WOOD BE LOST FER SHURE WIT OUT HIS SACK'AH BEER FRUUM THA BEER STORE THER, HE WOOD FER SHUR....AN AH'COURSE WE GOTTAH HAVE AH COUPL'AH GALLONS UV THA BLACK ON HAND...SOMETIME 5'ULL GIT ER DUNNNNNNNNNNN...ALL THEM OTHER TRINKETS SUCH AS CHALKLINES N TAPES AN SUCH BE AH WASTE UV OLE JACKS TIME...AN WE MITE BE IN NEED UV AH COUPLE'AH PLANKS FRUM ONE'AH THEM PALLETS TO SMEAR......ER.....ATISCALLY SPREAD THA BLACK WITH...ARRRRR...THER YE BE

YOHOHO AN AH BUCKET'AH BLACK...ARGH!!

January 15, 2015 at 10:49 p.m.

bdub

Awesome egg! Is that the ez pot pro you say is too expensive? That link isnt coming up for me. I got mine from joe jenkins. I have to pay shipping plus 45% duty plus 7.5 % vat tax to import these. I got two and dont regret it for a second. Respect

January 5, 2015 at 11:13 p.m.

egg

bdub, I'm getting one of those as soon as possible, which is not long considering they are made forty minutes from me. I've heated a lot of irons with a propane bottle before, and I am sentimentally attached to my firepot, but the firepot fouls irons and this tool you just mentioned is just too handy and compact to ignore. I'm in. Thanks for the tip.

Not going to buy these guys, though, unless they come Way down in price: http://www.slator-usa.com/store/p15/BIG_BOY_Contractor_Pack%21.html

January 4, 2015 at 3:14 p.m.

midmich

Employees. Wait, can I say that? Actually I agree with Mike and say a ladder. The best tools are virtually useless on the ground.

December 26, 2014 at 12:11 p.m.

bdub

So many tools i cant live without; freund offset tongs, stortz slate hammer, stubai pelican shears (all available from stortz and sons) but most recently id have to say..... I cant live without my EZ POT PRO portable fire pot for soldering irons. Im a dinosaur and i dont usually have anything to do with modern anything when it comes to tools especially but im sold on this one.

Here in the bahamas it has always been a problem setting up the pot for soldering. Typical problems with the heavy pot, large tank, etc but being on the ocean there is almost always a steady breeze. I rigged up a box in the past that would sort of work but nevertheless soldering on the roof was always a pita.

Check out the EZ POT PRO http://ezpotpro.com Anyone who solders often will have to have at least one. Small, light, portable, built in ignighter, wind resistant housing and best of all runs 8 hrs on a 14oz bottle!!!!

Btw i am not affiliated whatsoever with this manufacturer. I solder every single day and this product has increased my productivity significantly.

October 7, 2014 at 5:03 p.m.

Jack-Legge

AHOY THER MISSSSSSSSTER HICKS...WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERLINS THER, SAYSIES OLE JACK...THEM JAILIN BASEMENTS HAS AH WAY'AH MESSIN WIT THA BRAIN MATER THER, IT DOES FER SHURRRRRRE...OLE JACK MITE BE AH SUFFERIN FROM'AH CASE UV THA JAIL BASEMENT BLUES THER, HE MITE...WHICH DOES HAVE'AH TENDENDENACY UV MAKIN ME FERGIT ME BATTLE CRY THER, IT DOES. :side: :woohoo: BUT YE KAN BET YUR TAR STICK OLE JACK WILL BE MEMBERIN IT FRUM NOW ON THER,YOU CAN FER SHURE...WHILST WE ON THA TOPIC UV ME DEAR OLE GRAMMY LEGGE, OLE JACK DON'T KNOW HOWW HE WOOD'AH MADE IT FER THA PAST FEW MOONS IN THA HOLE WITOUT ME DEAR OLE GRAMMY AH'SNEEKIN IN THA CONTRABAND TO HER DEAREST

YO HO HO AN AH BUCKET'AH BLACK MAMMY...ARGH!!! :woohoo:

October 7, 2014 at 12:06 p.m.

Mike H

Say there ol' Jack, did Grammy Legge pass away whilst you were locked up for that 378th DUI?

I noticed you dropped the "MAMMY" from the BLACK.

October 2, 2014 at 5:47 p.m.

Jack-Legge

ARRRRRRR,WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERLINES THER WE SAYS FOR SHUR THER, WE DOES FOR SHUR,...AHOY THER YE BUNCH UV THA DO GOODIES...OLE JACK WOOD NEVER BE CAUGHT WITOUT ME 12 PACK, OR ME BUCKET UV BLACK...AN ME PIECE UV BROKEN SHINGLE PALLET TO SME.....ER...GRACEFULLY AN ARTISCALLY APPLY THA BLACK....ARRRR.

YO HO HO AN AH BUCKET AH BLACK....ARGH!!!

July 30, 2014 at 3:31 p.m.

spudder1

Hi Well after all is said and done, I can't live without my health lol Just the simple basics breathing everything else one can make do lol B)

July 11, 2014 at 9:40 p.m.

Chuck2

My experience, skill and willingness to work! ;)

June 23, 2014 at 5:35 p.m.

TomHay

Vickie the Boss Said: What is the one thing you use in your job that you cant live with out?

Tool or Equipment (for installation) or Gadget (for business).

Vickie,

Today it would be my computer. When I was a Pup I had a Pitch Book. When they came out with the Mini DVD players I was all in, matter of fact between those times Polaroid came out with an instant movie film maker and screen. Today, its the Pute. I can market with one and sell with one. I have a Cell Phone but don't talk on it because I can't hear but I can text and it gives me a live Hot Spot for WiFi anywhere.

You can buy the biggest building in the world, have the highest trained staff and applicators but NOTHING happens until someone sells something. :)

June 13, 2014 at 1:17 p.m.

Mike H

This thread is never reconciled with the actual post date, after the date it was made.

ie: the topics page had it listed as last post by TRG on Friday June 13...

FWIW, maybe it's ploy to get people to read it???

June 9, 2014 at 6:14 a.m.

The Roofing God

my willpower,,without it I would never have seen the 1st day on a roof thru,,I mean after u say to yourslf "wth am I doing here ?" lol

June 3, 2014 at 12:04 a.m.

egg

lol. Yeah. And if we can keep them out in the "field" all that loose dirt and granules collected in the bottom of their nail bags just blends in with the scenery. (The new-hires, that is.) But now that you mention it, gophers have pouches too. I realize now that's why they call them pocket gophers. And, lord, the connections just won't stop...we all started out as go-fers. I can see that language can get a little dangerous when we look closer. Which brings up another thing with this thread. Something else I don't believe I can live without is my nailbags. I think if I have to give those up it's game over for me. Maybe I can treat them like any other addiction and just try to cut down. Does that ever work?? "It looked extremely rocky for the Mudville nine that day, the score was four to six with but an inning left to play and so, when Cooney died at first and Burroughs did the same, a pallor wreathed the features of the patrons of the game. A straggling few got up to go, leaving there the rest with that hope that springs eternal from within the human breast..."

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Certified Contractors Network - Banner Ad - Spring 2022 Conference
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
Directory pinned ad
IKO - Sidebar Ad - ARMOURZONE
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden