User Access

Forum pinned ad
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RLW pinned ad
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

what do Americans think of Canadian roofers

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

mortilandan

the topic says it all, we as Canadian roofers deal with alot more weather issues than you do. Am i wrong to say that?>>>

December 13, 2008 at 7:36 p.m.

robert

If you keep your head above the blades its quieter and more:woohoo: peaceful!>>>

December 13, 2008 at 3:52 p.m.

kegolliday

I hate chinooks....them twin blades are noisy as hell and it's a bumpy ride. Love the smell of av gas though.>>>

December 13, 2008 at 2:54 p.m.

robert

Now im a canadian who owns a roofing company in louisiana,what do you think about that?:lol:>>>

December 13, 2008 at 2:53 p.m.

robert

Yes i experienced a few chinooks in calgary,got out of there as soon as i could!>>>

December 13, 2008 at 3:35 a.m.

wywoody

Where I was at, in Alberta in winter they get Chinook winds that warm up 50 to 60 degrees in less than an hour. I experienced them twice. You see an arch of thin clouds stretching from horizon to horizon approaching. When it gets to you the temps just>>>

December 13, 2008 at 1:30 a.m.

RooferBill

I wonder..Do you have a 100 degree fluxuation between your coldest and hottest days? For some reason I picture it always cold in Canada and expansion/contraction not a big issue.>>>

December 7, 2008 at 3:33 p.m.

wywoody

My opinion of Canadian roofers may no longer be relevant since my year of working in Alberta and Saskatchewan was over 30 years ago. My incentive for going up there was at that time tile was going on for double what I had seen in the US, $160-$200 a squar>>>

December 2, 2008 at 5:22 p.m.

kegolliday

what do Americans think of Canadian roofers 1 Day, 19 Hours ago

the topic says it all, we as Canadian roofers deal with alot more weather issues than you do. Am i wrong to say that?

Bit expansive, considering the US covers four time zones and>>>

December 2, 2008 at 3:04 p.m.

Terry D

As I see it, almost no matter where you are located, there are advantages and disadvantages to the location, whether it is temperature, storms, hours of daylight, winds, hail, tornadoes or whatever.

Yeah, Canadian roofers have it rough especially in th>>>

December 1, 2008 at 11:29 p.m.

builderr

yahhhhh.......ehhhhhhh!!

OK...sorry that I misrepresented my location....but I was watching a James Bond movie at the time, and they were there somewhere.

<<<<>>

December 1, 2008 at 3:33 p.m.

roofer man

The upside down BUR originated in Canada, and it seemed to be a pretty good idea. Just curious to know if it is still in use. As I remember, either Barrett or its successor the John-Walters Co. tried it in the states and the results were disasterous cause>>>

December 1, 2008 at 2:05 p.m.

SteeleRoofing

ottawa_roofer wrote: [quote]the topic says it all, we as Canadian roofers deal with alot more weather issues than you do. Am i wrong to say that?

Yes, you are wrong. I can't count the times I've heard a northerner roofer say "Yeah, it w>>>

December 1, 2008 at 3:45 a.m.

RABOIN

More cold for sure. A lot less tropical heat as in Florida or Texas. They both have their disadvantages. At least when it is hot, you can start at 4 in the morning and quit when it gets too hot. Kind of hard to do with the cold.>>>

November 30, 2008 at 10:16 p.m.

mortilandan

well seeing that your from Siberia, we both know that we deal with the weather. Your Capital city and mine is on the same level on the map. I'm very impressed that a Russian in on this site. Nice to meet you>>>

November 30, 2008 at 10:12 p.m.

mortilandan

well seeing that your from Siberia, we both know that we deal with the weather. Your Capital city and mine is on the same level on the map. I'm very impressed that a Russian in on this site. Nice to meet you.>>>

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Metal-Era & Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Falcon
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business
Forum pinned ad
Polyglass - Sidebar Ad - Polyfresko