User Access

Forum pinned ad
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Danny Boyle
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
Forum pinned ad
RClub pinned ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Q of the Month: Do clients ask for more green product options and how have you accomodated those requests?

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

gpacs

Do clients ask you for more "green" and enviornmentally-friendly products when replacing a roof or putting on a new roof? Have you had any struggles or triumphs with environmentally-friendly roofing options. Are they ways you do business that make you m>>>

November 30, 2008 at 10:08 p.m.

mortilandan

no, never had that question put to me.>>>

November 27, 2008 at 2:45 a.m.

N8

Due to my normal landfills closing down, I had to search a bit more aggressively to find a place closer to my shop to dump the shingle tear-off debris.

Fortunately, I discovered a Recycling Transfer Station near-by, which I never had heard about before.>>>

November 25, 2008 at 8:03 p.m.

andy

Well, since "recycling" is part of the green lexicon, I can truthfully say that our company has signed onto the green movement. At least 50% of our tear off debri was recycled this season. AS we learn the ropes, that percentage should be approaching 7>>>

November 22, 2008 at 12:07 a.m.

N8

Unfortunately, I have not experienced any demand or even request for information about the Green Roofing Systems through the residential market-place.

When I was more heavily involved in commercial flat roofing membranes, the advantages of a Cool Roof Sy>>>

November 21, 2008 at 7:04 p.m.

builderr

I am under the impression that most people, when they think about green products, assume that the Sustainable Building Tax Credit Act and the GreenBuildingTaxCreditAct only apply to commercial and Industrial projects. That couldn't be further from the t>>>

November 21, 2008 at 12:09 a.m.

iworkoutside

Nothing here in residential either.>>>

November 18, 2008 at 9:54 p.m.

jfreynik

Most of what I do is green ...Slate , wood shakes. But as a rule I can't remember the last time someone asked about Green products.>>>

November 18, 2008 at 8:48 p.m.

sven

WELL I AM IN THE ROOFING MATERIAL SALES, TO YOU GUYS THE CONTRACTOR/ROOFER:side: .. THE ONLY TIME I HAVE RAN INTO A CUSTOMER/ROOFER WANTING GREEN PRODUCTS OR LEED CERTS.. IS FOR YOUR BIGGER/ COMMERCIAL AND GOVT. JOBS... I DO NOT THINK IT HAS REACHED RESID>>>

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco WTI - Banner Ad - Start the Season Right
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
asdf12
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge