User Access

Forum pinned ad
test
IKO - Sidebar Ad - ARMOURZONE
RClub pinned ad
Information pinned ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
Everroof - Sidebar Ad - Podcast Promo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

MATERIAL HOT SPOT

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

sven

SO WHERE IS THE ROOFING MATERIAL HOTSPOT...

WHERE DO YOU FOLKS LIKE TO BUY YOUR ROOFING MATERIAL...

AND WHAT DETERMINES YOUR LOYALITY TO A SUPPLIER?

JUST A BURNING QUESTION OF MINE:unsure:>>>

November 14, 2008 at 4:26 p.m.

sven

I JUST WANTED TO THANK EVERYONE ON YOUR COMMENTS,,.. JUST WHAT I THOUGHT

I HAVE BEEN A BUILDING MATERIAL SALESMAN FOR OVER 16 YEARS... AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NUMBER 1 WITH ME AND ALWAYS WILL BE..

I ALWAYS LOOKED AT IT AS IF I WAS WORKING FOR THE CUSTO>>>

November 14, 2008 at 4:22 a.m.

A-T-T

We have many suppliers. In most cases, we purchase direct from the manufacturers. We check prices regularly but I agree w/ RRD. Customer service must be considered as well. Following the 2005 Hurricane season, we were ignored by many of our suppliers>>>

November 14, 2008 at 2:08 a.m.

RABOIN

I normally buy from ABC and Siding World at their two local branches. All of my comercail stuff from ABC and most everything else from Siding World. They both treat me well, but then again I demand it. We pay our bills and I know what I want and when.>>>

November 13, 2008 at 11:38 p.m.

iworkoutside

I try not to be in a position to cherry pick. I don't expect my supplier to be lower on every single item. However, as copperman noted, there is no reason for such a huge swing. If anything it should swing in his favor. In fact if they quoted me "back>>>

November 13, 2008 at 10:01 p.m.

jfreynik

I use to use just one co. and they treated me good but love love must be gone now. I went to buy a 1000 lbs. of copper the other day and they gave me a price of $5.65 a square ft. I know copper is going down so I called another store and low and behold $3>>>

November 13, 2008 at 4:15 p.m.

builderr

every year for the past 8 years, one of my distributors, whose name will not be mentioned because their recently deceased, one of the world's richest owners fell thru his own roof, and would be rolling in his grave, has hired a new outside salesperson e>>>

November 13, 2008 at 2:20 p.m.

chicochica

Loyalty is a good thing but has to go both ways.>>>

November 13, 2008 at 1:38 p.m.

Ralph

Loyalty is for saps...I'm a sap but I'm learning slowly>>>

November 13, 2008 at 1:36 p.m.

Ralph

I usually go to a local Allied. Loyalty anymore is a character flaw I am afraid. The Allied I go to used to be called United Supply, then it was RSI, then it became Allied, then it merged with an Astro. Then it moved its Ann Arbor store in with the Astro>>>

November 13, 2008 at 12:45 p.m.

kegolliday

UNDER THE MOP

BRADCO

SERVICE>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rockwool - Banner Ad - Watch Now - RLW - Acoustics - April 2022
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
classified
RClub pinned ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!
test