Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
RClub pinned ad
test
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
Information pinned ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Asphalt Shingle Attachment-Gypsum Plank Decking

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Roof Tech

Currently bidding a job that calls for dimensional shingle attachment to gypsum plank decking-Does anyone have any experience with this.I have researched the Do-All Loc Nail Fastener-This seams like it will take forever-Any info is appreciated-Thanks>>>

November 18, 2008 at 12:50 a.m.

RABOIN

I would imagine if it is a 6/12 pitch it is gypsum plank. In that case, I doubt if the removal would be that big a deal. You are going to want to scaffold it if it is 60 feet in the air though. I would think that the biggest challange is going to be ge>>>

November 17, 2008 at 4:06 p.m.

roofer man

Gyp is bad enough. Imagine if you had to deal w/ Tectum. Once that stuff catches a leak, the structual integrity of the deck is lost. Saw it several times, and it was a complete disaster. A/E finally resolved same by specking a plywood deck over same on a>>>

November 17, 2008 at 2:29 p.m.

Roof Tech

I also failed to mention the roof is 3 levels, 60 ft up,with 6/12 pitch-and is a prevailing wage project.(35.00 per hour)>>>

November 17, 2008 at 2:03 p.m.

Roof Tech

Hey guys-thanks for the responses,I didnt mention it but the job is a slate tear off. From what I am gathering here the real issue will be the tear off.The slate is is most likely nailed with copper nails so rust would not be an issue on the removal.

Doe>>>

November 16, 2008 at 8:04 p.m.

RABOIN

No, I know what you speak of when you say the split shank or the "tube loc" nails. We used regular nails, but they weren't galvanized. Them suckers held like a bear into the gypsum. I wouldn't wish that tearoff on anyone.

The first job was about 2>>>

November 16, 2008 at 1:54 a.m.

RABOIN

Is it gyp plank or poured gypsum? Both can be nailed, but one holds nails better than the other. We did one about 40 years ago on a college. We used 1 1/2 spiral nails and basicly they "rust" themselves into the roof. you almost can't get them out>>>

November 15, 2008 at 9:37 p.m.

A-T-T

DJ76 - I would bid it for a fixed price over a nailable wood deck and then give a T&M quote for installing the Nailable deck.>>>

November 15, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.

tinner666

Sorry. No experience with it. I have a feeling the labor charge will be a lot higher though.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Duro-Last - Banner Ad - Custom Fabrication Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Information pinned ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
test