User Access

Forum pinned ad
test
Information pinned ad
RClub pinned ad
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

So How Do You Think We Can Solve The Labor Shortage?

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

Old School

WHAT CHUCK SAID!!! A good roofer should be making $35.00 to $45.00 per hour, plus all of his benefits. A good roofer should be making $100,000.00 a year, just like the college professors and accountants and such. If that was the case, we would be getting the good people we need and people would be falling all over themselves to work for us. IF Washington was honest with and about inflation, the minimum wage would be over $15.00 right now. I am worth 4 or 6 times minimum wage and so are most of us on here. The unscrupulous politicians and lawyers RAPE us with taxes to support all those that don't work and pay themselves 6 figures + to do it and then criticize us who do the work for trying to make 50 K a year. They are the thiefs, they are the ones that print the money or worse yet make it out of thin air, and we get the blame.

Worker shortage hughey! That is like saying an oil shortage. When the price of oil went to over $100 a barrel, we had it coming out of our ears, and pockets and mouth and nose. The same will happen when the labor rates go up to where they belong. Send the blacks back to Africa, the Mexicans back to south of the border and the Asians back to Asia. It will straighten itself out in a short order.

February 27, 2016 at 4:02 p.m.

Chuck2

Labor shortage? I could hire 100 people by the end of the week if I needed them. They constantly call the office and approach me at the gas stations and such all the time as well when they see the signs on the truck. The shortage around here is in decent paying jobs not labor.

February 26, 2016 at 4:59 p.m.

Lefty1

The personality test is not for what job you are good for. It tells character traits like if you are a team player. Honesty is another one that shows up in the test.

Over the years I have used RCS classifieds for workers. Have found a few. The thing with the other listing sites is we get people who are applying with no experience.

If you could get traffic from people looking for work with no experience, that would be helpful to me.

February 26, 2016 at 1:45 p.m.

vickie

Great stuff. The personality assessment is very interesting. Not sure how much I trusted that as one for me came back that I should be a plant manager for an agriculture plant. WTHeck! Couldn't I have at least been a waitress.

Never tried the RCS classified? We are rebuilding that area now and want to make it the best it can be. The option to upload resumes and take tests was bantered around.

February 25, 2016 at 10:53 p.m.

Lefty1

What we did was started using an online application with a personality accessment. Our jobs are posted to Indeed and other internet job posting sites. Indeed has the best response.

We are sending one forman to Dale Carnigie for training to learn how to manage the people under him. He started tonight.

We also send guys for technical training. The roofers are to a day of training with GAF tomorrow.

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

JOBBA - Banner Ad - JOBBA Now Available in Spanish!
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
test
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Growth for Your Whole Business
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
Information pinned ad
classified
RClub pinned ad