User Access

Forum pinned ad
All Points Tile - Sidebar Ad - Free Tile ID
test
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
Information pinned ad
Malarkey-Dec-Sidebar-Ad-250x265
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Found out where Aaron is........

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

GSD

His birthday was this weekend, he used to do some work for me, dropped off the face of the earth, I was curious, so I started searching.

google -Aaron scurlock Lockport.

I'm speechless. you just never know.

August 16, 2013 at 10:58 a.m.

GKRFG1

Not sure that I can add anything here but wanted to say that I appreciate knowing what happened. I also appreciate MikeH's and others' comments about the other side of the situation. It's a sad story for all involved.

August 14, 2013 at 5:49 a.m.

CIAK

I agree with your point Mike. The discussion has no chance of changing what happened with Aron or his circumstance. What it might do is raise an awareness within the reach of this forum. The purpose in my mind, calm the demons that run around in our heads. Pushing us to places. It is the human condition. We all know it. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

August 13, 2013 at 8:24 p.m.

Mike H

I will trust that the legal system was successful. I will not read the transcripts. It serves no purpose in my life at present.

I do believe that anyone GUILTY should be castrated on the Square as an example. This world could use a lot more good eunichs. But the experience I had with my friend leaves me very scared of such punishment. I was told by a couple jurors that I knew "Your testamony made the difference in my mind".

For a while it scared me "What if I was wrong". But in truth, I don't believe for a minute that I was. I would have never testafied if I had. But what if he hadn't asked me? What if a tongue tied, crying mother in law who didn't believe he did it either was the best witness they could muster.

What if the jury had gone the other way?

I dunno. For me, I guess it's not about putting one's head in the sand, but it's a faith in the system and a lack of desire to participate in that which the discussion has no chance of changing. The only one left to hurt is Aaron. I suspect he's suffering enough already. Prison is not a pretty place for child molesters - proven or otherwise.

August 10, 2013 at 2:45 p.m.

CIAK

I also had a fiend who was abusing his daughter. It didn't come till years later. He was in denial for a long time trying to hide it. Did every thing he could think of to cover it up. That is not to be suspect. Led the Church groups did evey thing he could to help the community. Went over board to appear a good fellow. Perhaps he was I thought so for the longest time. His daughter went into therapy and revealed this truth. He was arrested. He admits doing it and asked for forgiveness. He is now behind bars. "Reality is that which, when you stop beleving in. It doesn't go away." Dick is the last name of the fellow who said this. ( no pun indended) B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

August 10, 2013 at 2:43 p.m.

Roofguy

Assuming he is guilty, I don't think those people can be rehabbed. I think their wires are crossed deep in their DNA and I don't think that can be fixed anymore than you can make an F-150 a Chevy by changing the emblem on the grill.

All I know for sure that if the girl were my daughter, ol' Aaron would never be seen again because, piece by tiny piece, he would be dropped down one of thousands of abandoned wells in the West Texas desert.

August 9, 2013 at 7:14 p.m.

GSD

I agree with you Mike, its a fine dangerous line accusing someone of such an aweful crime.

I had a friend whos son accused someone of the same thing, luckily before any retaliation was done, the son confessed he was lying. almost ruined the guys life forever.

unfortunetly, with Aaron, it wasn't the case.

August 9, 2013 at 6:05 p.m.

Old School

Some people are a waste of good skin, and that includes people on both sides of this issue. I really don't know Aaron and I don't know what he did if anything. I do know that MANY people have been set up and destroyed by this type of charge. Biblically, the punishment for rape or molestation is death, however the reverse side of that coin is that if a person were to falsely accuse someone, they would receive the same punishment as the accused would have gotten. I wish I knew the answer!

August 9, 2013 at 5:21 p.m.

Mike H

Alrighty then. Here's my discussion on the issue. Not on Aaron.

My best friend from about 4th grade thru 8th grade, and a guy that has remained a close friend over the years, was an usher in my wedding, I was best-man in his, etc....

Married a sweet girl from a very rough family. The one sister in particular was a real dirt bag.

He was accused of molesting his niece while baby sitting.

His dad owned a successful Nationwide insurance firm.

She was after money.

It went to trial.

It was all over the papers.

I testified as a character witness. And shut that F***IN' lawyer up so fast it almost made his head spin. One of my glory moments in life, after watching him beat up on some poor, nervous, tongue tied mother-in-law just minutes earlier.

He was found NOT GUILTY.

It was right about 20 years ago.

Just 2 years ago, I was talking with some friends and I mention this guys name.... One of them said "Oh, yeah, I know who you're talking about. He's that child molester."

I set them straight.

I didn't read the trascripts. What's done is done, and I hope Aaron comes out of it ok. I hope he's innocent, though I don't think it's the case.

Regardless, I saw very first hand how an allegation like this can be made by anyone. I've seen how in sex abuse cases, they er on the side of the "victim". I know there are two sides to every story, and I've only heard parts of one. And I watched and seen how this can ruin the life and reputation of the finest of men, and I'd prefer not be a part of it on a PUBLIC forum, that's only private in that you must register to post, about a guy that I once held in high regard.

That's my take on it, and I know there's a few more that would agree, because I know who knew.

Carry on as you see fit.

Disclaimer: This ain't intended to piss you off, so take a deep breath if you are. I'm not.

August 9, 2013 at 4:34 p.m.

clvr83

I agree SIA. Ive seen Aaron's post all around the net and tried to go to his website a couple of times over the past year w/ no luck. He seems to be a knowledge roofer from his posts. Is he a sick bastard? Sounds like an easy answer. Unfortunately we had a similar problem w/ a guy who married my aunt. Messed up his daughter and another child in the family. I have no love lost for that type. The worst.

Although some people are on the sex offender list for the wrong reason. In IL, IIRC, an 18 year old can't do the dirty w/ his 16 year old girlfriend.

That never stopped me but I'm sure glad I'm not on a list because of it! :laugh:

US prisons are overflowing for several reasons. I hired a guy who just went through 13 years federal for a meth conviction and said it wasn't that bad! I'm not sure I believe him though. He was a decent guy who just got mixed up w/ that junk. We worked him before he went in until we found out he had a problem.

August 9, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.

GSD

This is why I brought in up, if he was busted for shoplifting a candy bar, or even stealing a car, I wouldn't have mentioned a thing.

but people have been asking where hes been, me included.

when he was doing a job for me, he did mention that something like this was coming out and it was all lies and fabrications and he is getting it taken care of. I totally forgot about it because he said that to me.

But after I read the specifics in the transcripts of the court case and the appeals case that was denied, as far as I'm concerned he has no secrets, really, he should be shot.

this is a serious problem that needs the attention of his peers, networking and business friends.

I feel very bad for that little girl. To say her life is going to be a struggle or will need some therapy, is an understatement !!!!!

and the fact I brought it up on a members only site which he was a part of is not really shouting it from the roof tops.

August 9, 2013 at 3:40 p.m.

seen-it-all

Glad you mentioned this CIAK as I was pondering the same thing while working this morning. This issue is not like someone drops off the face of the earth because they have a substance abuse problem or has a gambling or debt problems and I agree it is sometimes best not to mention things like this in a public forum. This though is something that is a hideous crime and he has been found guilty and sentenced for it. The way I see it is that this is something that should be discussed out in the open and not be relegated to become only a skeleton in the RCS closet.

August 9, 2013 at 8:52 a.m.

CIAK

Mike H Said:
wywoody Said: But nuthin is still a better birthday present than having all your secrets exposed.

Yeah. Pretty much. A very small few of us have known about this for a long time.

This brings up an interesting point, is it better to keep secrets? Leave things unsaid. Or is it good to discuss the issue? Many things in my opinon are not worth bringing up because they just effect the individule. This touches many many people in the future and today. Most things are best unsaid, This is worth talking about. IMO B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

August 8, 2013 at 2:09 p.m.

Mike H

wywoody Said: But nuthin is still a better birthday present than having all your secrets exposed.

Yeah. Pretty much. A very small few of us have known about this for a long time.

August 7, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.

wywoody

Happy birthday Aaron. Sorry I didn't get you nuthin. But nuthin is still a better birthday present than having all your secrets exposed.

August 7, 2013 at 7:51 a.m.

CIAK

Aaron had a sexual addiction out of control. My guess is he was sexually abused when he was young. Now he has created more potential abusers and ruined the rest of his life... It is very sad indeed. A talented and skilled tradesman ruined. Damn shame. Not too mention his victims known and unknown. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Duro-Last - Banner Ad - Custom Fabrication Award
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
test
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Danny Boyle
Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
Directory pinned ad