Français

User Access

Information pinned ad
egtest82124 Avatar
classified
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Leap - Sidebar Ad - Empowering Contractors
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

We are slipping!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

Has anyone noticed that Mike is the only one that posts pictures anymore? It is almost spring over there and it must be the nice weather he is going to get. My computer is screwed up again and I am having a hard time geting the pictures up, plus I have been busy. That is my excuse, what is yours?

November 26, 2010 at 8:34 p.m.

poppy001

Is that what that is on that deck true slate (VASS) or is it something else its so clean...Also that slate looks great..The pic with the copper flashing do you have more pics..Am interested to see if you will put a kick out on the bottom or run any counter flashing .Do you break a 1/4 in rain drip on the bottom of your counter????Got one more question on the (barrel) or quansant roof is that an asphalt primer spread out with peel-stick being used as under-layment??Are is that peel-stick the final roof.If it is'nt then what was the final roof???

November 26, 2010 at 11:24 a.m.

Old School

People are now looking for the short term. Tru-slate is real slate, but the application is entirely different than real slate...as a rule. If you lay the slate using the "dutch Lap" method, it is only single coverage, but you can still rely on the slate doing the waterproofing. With the "Tru Slate" it is the underlayment doing the waterproofing, and the slate is basically for conmetics, and to protect the underlayment.

It is amazing to me how everyone wants the look of slate, but they don't want to pay the money for it.

November 25, 2010 at 11:08 a.m.

wywoody

clublaugh Said: Id rather be doing traditional slate, but it doesnt scare me. Its the same concept as felt interlayment between shakes.
It may be the same concept, but the roof life expectations are very different. That's what would scare me.

November 25, 2010 at 9:24 a.m.

Old School

Maybe so!

November 24, 2010 at 10:05 p.m.

clublaugh

I'd rather be doing traditional slate, but it doesn't scare me. It's the same concept as felt interlayment between shakes.

November 22, 2010 at 7:38 p.m.

Old School

How do you like that "tru-Slate"? Relying on the underlayment would scare me!

November 21, 2010 at 4:43 p.m.

clublaugh

Mike your finished work looks perfect!

Here's a link to more pics of the slate roof we have in progress: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5664788&id=243260101168#!/album.php?aid=242902&id=243260101168 Will post more as we finish

November 21, 2010 at 11:29 a.m.

Old School

Woody, Idylic! Mike, is that the mastic asphalt? Do you just coat that after it is applied? It looks like it would be slippery!

It must be that the steps are over structure beneath them and need to be water proofed. Around here they would just be left concrete!

November 21, 2010 at 10:59 a.m.

wywoody

First frost of the season this morning.

November 10, 2010 at 7:30 p.m.

Old School

Very good Mike. Nice job RG

November 10, 2010 at 7:07 a.m.

The Roofing God

November 10, 2010 at 7:05 a.m.

The Roofing God

That is a burial vault at the Brickchurch cemetary,approximately 300 years old,had to repair the edge cement,prime it,and then add base,and granulated SBS TO IT, aND AS USUAL Mike H. is almost perfect with dmensions,thats width of 17' 6",and up and over of 20' 6",,when it`s done I`ll post the whole project,weather is holding it up,today should be warm enough to finish

November 9, 2010 at 10:41 p.m.

Mike H

Look at that alignment. Very nice.

November 9, 2010 at 8:16 p.m.

clublaugh

November 9, 2010 at 8:11 p.m.

clublaugh

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Enhance Your Business With Tri-Built 2022
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week
Directory pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
RClub pinned ad
Information pinned ad
egtest82124 Avatar