English
English
Español
Français

Off to Kill Zombies

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tinner666

He almost got the chance when he came here. I took him through some of the roughest hoods around and forgot to show him the new bullet hole in my neighbor's house.

February 25, 2015 at 4:43 a.m.

Mike H

wywoody Said: If Mike wanted obscenities yelled at him and bullets flying over his head, wouldnt it be a lot closer for him to just go to Chicago on a Friday night?

It sure enough would. Probably wouldn't be near as fun though.

February 22, 2015 at 8:56 a.m.

wywoody

If Mike wanted obscenities yelled at him and bullets flying over his head, wouldn't it be a lot closer for him to just go to Chicago on a Friday night?

February 21, 2015 at 8:25 p.m.

Roofguy

Mike that's funny.

Zombies are to the shooter what katas are to the katatica. It's a way to practice with an imaginary opponent.

We had an interesting day. We were running combat drills using live ammo "peel left, last man, push right, 3 man leapfrog, bound back..." Very intense firefight drills with Jason (the SEAL) yelling obscenities and yelling at each member "WTF are you doing, get you $%&#@$ a## back there and get the downed man and get your a##es behind the berm."

Very intense stuff, considering that you're working in close proximity to other guys, all of them firing 5.56 ammo all around you.

Then suddenly, all H### broke loose. We all heard 2 bullets zing just over our heads. I thought it was just part of the drill until I heard Jason yell "This is not a drill, get your $%#$% a###es behind cover right now!" Apparently some drunks were in a nearby field sooting over our heads. Real bullets zinging over your head changes the dynamic slightly. Jason and 2 other instructors hauled butt toward the direction the shots came from. He caught them and they had a nice little talk about what might happen if they do that again.

It was an interesting and fun day. Mike, you should come down for one of these classes.

February 21, 2015 at 4:50 p.m.

tinner666

Not sure I'd know what a gun is if I saw one.

February 21, 2015 at 11:59 a.m.

vickie

Boy's and their guns.

February 21, 2015 at 10:09 a.m.

Mike H

I'd also be embarassed to tell you how long I pondered what kind of bullet tip a "TA" was. LOL

Oh well, at least I can laugh at myself.

February 21, 2015 at 10:05 a.m.

Mike H

Tim,

I got a kick out of our "opposites": 1. the whole "zombie" thing just baffles me to the point that I'd even be ashamed to say it, 2. I have a S&W Magpull in desert tan with black clips

and the exact same soft case.

Have fun. I know ya will.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Train to Retain Podcast
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RLW pinned ad
Sika - Sidebar Ad - 5% Off
SRS - Sidebar Ad - We Stand With Ukraine
egtest82124 Avatar
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
NRCA - Sidebar - Roofing week