Français

User Access

Palisade - Sidebar Ad - Palisade Build On Trust
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Information pinned ad
Metal-Era & Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Falcon
egtest82124 Avatar
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Guns are Roofing

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Mike H

As I've said more than once, Buyer Beware. If they take the time to do their homework and take the investment seriously, I stand my best chance. I've worked too long and too hard to build something different and the last thing I want is some gooberoid from the gooberment passing out slips of official looking paper that basically read "XYZ Contracting is just as qualified to do your roof as HRI".

Screwdat!!!

June 5, 2013 at 12:38 p.m.

Rockydog

Hey Roofguy, My only agruement is this, Back in 2009 I chased my ONLY hail storm ,in El Paso. I set up 4 guys in hotels, food and the such. We spent 4 weeks battling landscapers, block layers, tire repair people, drywallers, screen repairmen, bartenders and the illegals as well as a few legal outfits. Anybody can roof in Texas. Hell, a 16 year old could sell a roof an get away with it. I lost my ass. We sold one house. Of course we weren't the cheapest outfit in camp, probably one of the more expensive ones. Learned alot about insurance work and how to use Exatimate to our advantadge(not in El Paso, lol). we couldn't compete because we were playing on a different field being licensed, bonded and insured.

June 5, 2013 at 6:20 a.m.

OLE Willie

I've done a fair amount of sub-contract work for one of the largest roofing companies in my area. They are also one of the largest in the state.

They, like most large companies seem to think that they own the roofing market. Like ALL work should go to them or something and everyone else is just a hack.

The ego's soar unbelievably high like the eagles.

The funniest part is that if they had to do any of the actual physical work themselves they would be unable to do so because they barely know how and their bodies are not physically capable.

This is a free country with a free market.

They either think that they have or should have a monopoly on roofing which is nothing but a joke.

Most of them are just paper pushers anyway. They sell the work and "sub" it to mostly hispanic crews.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

NRCA - Banner - Roofing Week
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

asdf12
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
egtest82124 Avatar
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad

RoofersCoffeeShop

RoofersCoffeeShop Logo

Loading…
Loading the web debug toolbar…
Attempt #