Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Information pinned ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
egtest82124 Avatar
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!
Everroof - Sidebar Ad - Podcast Promo
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

something for nothing

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jamieu

i do work that is funded by the city. usually the homeowner doesnt have to pay anything. sometimes they pay a portion on a low interest loan from the state or city. last summer this lady had the nerve to ask if i would repair her garage and just hide it>>>

December 18, 2008 at 2:32 a.m.

RABOIN

He is 87 now and still with us. He also always said, "it is a long road without a turn in it." I believe we are fast coming up on a sharp turn in the economic road.

It is interesting to me in that I really didn't think too much about what dad used>>>

December 16, 2008 at 11:10 a.m.

A-T-T

Old School wrote: [quote]My father always told me that it is what you do when no one is watching that makes a difference in your character.

That was a great line Old School. ;)>>>

December 16, 2008 at 5:20 a.m.

Mike H

I'd be turning the homeowner and the contractor in. Doubt it does any good, though.>>>

December 16, 2008 at 5:19 a.m.

Mike H

I've got a pile of rocks too. I cannot recall ever cheating an insurance company out of a dime. Been rather disappointed in some of the people that have asked though.>>>

December 16, 2008 at 3:34 a.m.

jamieu

well, i was trying to show a couple of pictures but i can never seem to post a pic in any forum. too many pixels??? but the lady's husband had cut a piece of the back wall out so he could fit his caddy in there. the rafters were gone. the roof decking>>>

December 16, 2008 at 1:04 a.m.

wywoody

So I assume all that would condemn this practice have never done some extra work for someone because their insurance company was paying for it? Let those people throw the first stone.

Heh, heh, I've got a pile of rocks right here.>>>

December 16, 2008 at 12:59 a.m.

RABOIN

Gus, I am not judging anyone. There is plenty of blame and sin to go around. We are all guilty. It is just to what degree. I do think it is interesting to see how people react when they don't know someone is watching though.>>>

December 15, 2008 at 3:33 p.m.

iworkoutside

Oh the pure and sinless public!>>>

December 15, 2008 at 3:42 a.m.

RABOIN

I suppose it is your choice whether you want to "hide" anything in the bid usn't it? My father always told me that it is what you do when no one is watching that makes a difference in your character. I think he was right!>>>

December 15, 2008 at 2:39 a.m.

A-T-T

Turn her in.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting - Banner Ad - Next Level Estimating Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

egtest82124 Avatar
Information pinned ad
Franklin International - Sidebar Ad - New Metal Roof Sealant
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest