Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
IKO - Sidebar Ad - ARMOURZONE
FlashCo - Sidebar ad - Edge
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden
RLW pinned ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - 3 Things Your Manufacturers Should be Doing For You eBook (2)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Rigid insulation revisited/ residential shingle is

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

builderr

I don't know if I should start a new topic or just continue it in here, so I will move it if asked...it refers to the recent discussions regarding installing asphalt shingles directly over sheathing that is either adhered to polyiso foam, or a foam in pl>>>

November 11, 2008 at 9:29 p.m.

builderr

Timberpeg, Rockport, New England Timberframe, and a couple of hybrid pine/spruce/ hemlock mutts. Green oak is a real challenge, but a sturdy structure. I have made it a point lately to put together timber frame buyers with old barn owners looking to se>>>

November 10, 2008 at 4:02 a.m.

Mike H

I don't think foam is a problem with tile/slate/metal and maybe even concrete, but the heat retention is what eats up shingles. Fast.

Builderr, you can ignore my question in the other thread. Who's timberframes did you do, or did you do your own? We>>>

November 10, 2008 at 3:27 a.m.

guppy

just my 2 cents worth on spayed in place insulation. I am seeing problems when the foam expands, will push out in the cracks in the roof boards, dislodge slates(old houses with steel nails, they will break) pushing up the lead flashings around pipes, etc.>>>

November 9, 2008 at 12:13 a.m.

RABOIN

That can be a problem alright! Suposedly, as long as the insulation is closed celled and the moisture can't wick through it is alright. I like to vent my roofs so I can control the moisture instead of stoppig it. It has to go somewhere! I have a tile>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Make More with Metal
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
RLW pinned ad
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
S-5! - Sidebar Ad - Snow Guard
Art Unlimited - Sidebar Ad -Decider Pro
Forum pinned ad