Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
General Coatings - Sidebar Ad - Get Your Info Now
Quarrix - Sidebar Ad - Wall Protection Ad
Tuck - RCS - 2022 - Sidebar
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - Build Your Business: Learn How With Composite Roofing
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Question of the Month - Piece Of Advice

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
Author

vickie

If you only had one piece of advice for the new guy starting out. The most important thing is...?

February 18, 2022 at 7:49 a.m.

vorcy34

If you give them a crystal-clear picture of what to do and what to expect, they will have much higher chances of succeeding in the task.

After all, if the reader cannot complete the task properly after writing service online, it will be you who takes the blame for it.

September 1, 2018 at 10:13 a.m.

vickie

bump

December 28, 2016 at 9:20 p.m.

jcagle9595

Fuggedabout roofing. Get a government job and retire like a multimillionaire at age 48. No stressing about actually getting something of importance done. ;)

December 21, 2016 at 5:38 a.m.

Lindsey Hill1

Just work on the why part first. Secondary is you how part.

December 14, 2016 at 3:48 p.m.

EdmondRoofing

Vickie the Boss Said: If you only had one piece of advice for the new guy starting out. The most important thing is...?

Always go the extra mile to make your client happy and treat them with respect. They are going to tell others about the job you do for them...negative or positive...It's up to you. A positive review is worth a lot when it comes to finding new jobs! All you ever have is your reputation!

http://www.roofrepairedmondokc.com/

December 9, 2016 at 11:40 a.m.

GKRFG1

Be honest and fair with customers, employees and suppliers. Tell customers what you will do for them, and then do it. Cleanly and efficiently. And spend a lot of time learning business and what you need to charge to run your business to make money. Be ready and willing to spend countless hours in paperwork.

December 8, 2016 at 8:34 p.m.

The Roofing God

I have shingle in fastener and nails :)

November 28, 2016 at 3:25 p.m.

JakeD

Get your ducks in a row before you pull the trigger, then keep 'em that way.

November 11, 2016 at 7:17 a.m.

amosstheroofer

This is awesome info. We are a new roofing company in Lakeland FL. We are wanting to really put our imprint in this community with quality roofing services and awesome customer services. Financially, I feel we are prepared. I have many years working for someone else, running their crews, thought it was time for me to step out on my own.

Here check us out here - http://www.lakelandroofingcontractor.com/

Any more advice is welcomed! Thanks http://forum.rooferscoffeeshop.com/users//

October 11, 2016 at 11:13 p.m.

RooferMark

If the piece of advice is about a new guy starting a roofing business, I'd say the number 1 thing is manage your money, stay on top of your cash flow. There are tons of other things you need to do to survive and prosper over the long haul but surviving the first two years is mostly a sign of your ability to finance that time frame.

October 2, 2016 at 6:31 p.m.

Lefty1

Always do more then you were paid to do.

October 2, 2016 at 12:57 a.m.

roofrepairs

Look for quality roofers instead of twice as many poor roofers, it will save you time and money in the long run! http://www.roofrepairoklahoma.com

September 8, 2016 at 9:22 a.m.

shauns

Customer service is key. So many roofing companies lose sight of this, yet referrals are one of the biggest parts of the business. Treat em good and they'll tell 1 of their friends. Treat em bad and they'll tell 10...

http://www.roofingalbatross.ca/

August 20, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.

andy

" If I could do the job for less, that is the number you would have in front of you." Matter of fact, now that I think about it, I don't recall a time when I lowered my price that the customer bought from me . . . and it's been decades since I "adjusted" my price at the customer's request.

August 4, 2016 at 10:52 p.m.

seen-it-all

Would have to agree with egg on plan on being the best when you start out. Reputation is number 1 in this business. You may be slow getting out of the gate but in the end work will find you and you can almost eliminate your advertising costs. My number 2 would be "the price I quoted is not negotiable" which comes back to reputation. People will tell their friends about how you dropped the price on what you quoted. If anyone asked for a price reduction I would say the only way I could come down maybe a hundred bucks is if there was no warranty and no paperwork on the job as I won't change my method of install as your neighbors are watching and they may well be my future customer. Usually the end of the discussion.

« Back To RCS Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tamko - Banner Ad - Experience Titan XT
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Forum pinned ad
Information pinned ad
RClub pinned ad
RLW pinned ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar Ad - I Got My Wil-Mar Pipe Collar!
Metalforming - Sidebar Ad - April 2022
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - Mini-Macaden